Hi Bharat Thanks for the reply. I have observed following thing If IOMMU is enabled in BIOS and I use following option FCH SATA Debug Options --> Unused SATA Port Auto Shut Down Disabled. Issue is not happening. I have attached dmesg and lspci output with this option Also I have attached lspci log with IOMMU disabled. When issue is happening I am not able to take lspci logs as it stops in initramfs itself. I will try to get. Thanks Nehal -----Original Message----- From: Bharat Kumar Gogada [mailto:bharat.kumar.gogada@xilinx.com] Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 3:40 PM To: Shah, Nehal-bakulchandra ; linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org; linux-pci@vger.kernel.org; holler@ahsoftware.de; tj@kernel.org; linux-ide@vger.kernel.org Cc: Deucher, Alexander Subject: RE: ATA failure regression > Hi All, > > Resending this wider audience > > Currently I am working on AMD future platform. I am hitting the same > bug of ATA Failure Regression reported in past. > (https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6875661/) or > http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1507.3/01961.html > > I am newbie to this and because of this Ubuntu 16.04 is not booting. > If disable IOMMU and MSI obviously it works but that is not solution. > Even when I bisected it boiled to same place which was mentioned in past discussion. > So here when you are disabling MSI, it is working with legacy interrupts or MSI-X. Can you post the end sata device lscpi -xxx -vvv content. Bharat