Hi Vincent, I'd recently gone through similar issue that you're experiencing. The "Waiting for Removable Media" hang had been there for at least 7-8 years. A workaround was put in around 2013. See here: https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/42291/ Add "debugshell=30" (30 is in second, for timeout, or any other reasonable value that you like) to the append statement in your pxelinux.cfg/default file. Then you'd timeout when you "normally" hangs, break into a shell, where you could initiate udhcpc to configure networking, after which you could transfer your bootable image onto your RAM, and write out onto your HDD/SSD. It seems this kernel boot option of debugshell isn't documented officially in kernel-parameters.txt file. You could also look for init-live.sh on your yocto tree, and look for "Waiting for Removable Media", and see the surrounding code to get a fell how this debugshell thing works. Raymond Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 14:27:46 +0000 From: Vincent Daanen To: "yocto@yoctoproject.org" Subject: [yocto] PXE booting ISO image fails with message "Waiting for removable media..." Message-ID: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Hi, We want to deploy image created with Yocto (Rocko) via PXE. The target board is a Intel-based SBC (AAEON GENE BT05). At first, we tried with a ISO from Archlinux and the target-board successfully booted. Then we create a ISO using Yocto but boot hangs with a message ?Waiting for removable media ...?. Googling this message points me to this post: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.general/20611 which relates exactly the same problem, explain why the issue raises, gives an indication to how to fix .. and that?s all ? So at this point, we know that the problem comes from the /recipes-core/initrdscripts/files/init-live.sh file. It seems searching for an /dev/sdx should be protected by a timeout set by default to 30 secs but during our trials, no timeout seems to exist. What we do not understand, is how to highlight the differences between the Yocto-based and the Archlinux ISO files so that we can ?unblock? the boot using the Yocto-based ISO file. Is the someone here how could help? Thanks Vincent