We have a shell script that builds openssl. It uses the native makefiles from the open source project. There's no recipe. I suppose we define a recipe for this out-of-tree sources. Still, if we could yank out embedded openssl easily, that would be the best. Raymond ________________________________ From: Burton, Ross Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2018 3:41 PM To: Raymond Yeung Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Subject: Re: [yocto] How to remove openssl from sysroots Presumably you've a recipe for the vendor openssl. If it has the same name but is a different version then just set PREFERRED_VERSION. If it has a different name too, it should PROVIDE openssl and you can just set PREFERRED_PROVIDER. If it doesn't do either of those things, then it is broken. Ross On 6 July 2018 at 23:06, Raymond Yeung wrote: > I've changed the subject heading to make it more specific to our problem. > Hopefully this generates some responses. > > > It has been blocking us for close to one week now. We want to use our 3rd > party vendor openssl, not the one that comes with the source. Apparently, > even with "minimal" instead of "base" or "sato" cannot exclude it. > > > Any idea [e.g. how do we systematically find out how it's included now, and > possibly what other packages/recipes we may also need to remove due to > dependency]? > > > Thanks, > > Raymond > > > > ________________________________ > From: Raymond Yeung > Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 11:05 PM > To: yocto@yoctoproject.org > Subject: How to remove a package from a build > > > We've our own non-yocto openssl that we want to use. At the moment, we're > using "sato" image, rather than "minimal" and includes its openssl that is > out-of-date. What is the best way to exclude it from our image (and from > sysroots)? > > > We have thought about two ideas - > > > Use smaller image like core-image-base, or core-image-full-cmdline (but not > -minimal that may remove too much functionality). > Use INSTALL_IMAGE_remove += " openssl" > > > Would either one work? Also, how do I follow the .bb files etc (e.g. > starting from the one for sato) to trace down which sub-package includes > openssl? > > > Thanks, > > Raymond > > > -- > _______________________________________________ > yocto mailing list > yocto@yoctoproject.org > https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto yocto Info Page lists.yoctoproject.org Discussion of all things about the Yocto Project. Read our Community Guidelines or learn more about how to participate in other community discussions. Subscribe before posting to bypass moderation. >