* How to let openbmc's kernel load jffs2 file system
@ 2020-07-14  1:33 周 远清
From: 周 远清 @ 2020-07-14  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, uperic

Hello everyone,

The rofs squashfs currently loaded by the kernel of openbmc is very inconvenient to debug because squashfs is a read-only file system. I made a jffs2 file system, after modifying the bootarg parameters of uboot, the kernel still loads squashfs.

How to let openbmc's kernel load jffs2 file system?

bootarg parameter as follow:

bootargs=‘console=ttyS4,115200n8 noinitrd  root=/dev/mtdblock4 rw rootfstype=jffs2’

harley

* Re: How to let openbmc's kernel load jffs2 file system
@ 2020-07-14  2:41 ` 郁雷
From: 郁雷 @ 2020-07-14  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 周 远清; +Cc: openbmc, uperic

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 9:34 AM 周 远清 <zhouyuanqing8@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The rofs squashfs currently loaded by the kernel of openbmc is very inconvenient to debug because squashfs is a read-only file system. I made a jffs2 file system, after modifying the bootarg parameters of uboot, the kernel still loads squashfs.

By default the root (/) is mounted by an overlayfs, so the whole
rootfs is writable, see below:

    cow on / type overlay
(rw,relatime,lowerdir=run/initramfs/ro,upperdir=run/initramfs/rw/cow,workdir=run/initramfs/rw/work)

Be noted that the rwfs mounted at /run/initramfs/rw has a limited
size, so you could only put files with limited size.
For testing purposes, you could manually create overlayfs mount in
tmpfs, that way you could use the ramfs instead of rwfs, and it will
be cleaned after BMC reboot.

--
BRs,
Lei YU

* RE: How to let openbmc's kernel load jffs2 file system
@ 2020-07-14  4:30 ` Milton Miller II
From: Milton Miller II @ 2020-07-14  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 郁雷; +Cc: 周 远清, uperic, openbmc

"郁雷"  wrote:
>Sent by: "openbmc"
>On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 9:34 AM 周 远清 <zhouyuanqing8@outlook.com>
>wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> The rofs squashfs currently loaded by the kernel of openbmc is very
>inconvenient to debug because squashfs is a read-only file system. I
>made a jffs2 file system, after modifying the bootarg parameters of
>uboot, the kernel still loads squashfs.
>
>By default the root (/) is mounted by an overlayfs, so the whole
>rootfs is writable, see below:
>
>    cow on / type overlay
>(rw,relatime,lowerdir=run/initramfs/ro,upperdir=run/initramfs/rw/cow,
>workdir=run/initramfs/rw/work)
>
>Be noted that the rwfs mounted at /run/initramfs/rw has a limited
>size, so you could only put files with limited size.
>For testing purposes, you could manually create overlayfs mount in
>tmpfs, that way you could use the ramfs instead of rwfs, and it will
>be cleaned after BMC reboot.

The openbmc init script support mounting hte overlayfs from ram
for code update or just using more memory than you have left for rwfs.

Add the folowing option to either your kernel command line or set
in the u-boot environment variable openbmcinit

overlay-filesystem-in-ram

to use a tmpfs for the overlay.  To restore files from the rwfs partiton
that are whitelisted add

copy-files-to-ram

example

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/initrdscripts/files

From os prompt
fwsetenv openbmcinit overlay-filesystem-in-ram copy-files-to-ram

or from  u-boot
setenv openbmcinit overlay-filesystem-in-ram copy-files-to-ram
saveenv

To save files in the whitelist (/run/initrd/whitelist) to the rwfs,

touch /run/initrdramfs/image-rwfs
reboot

Milton
(author of the phosphor init scripts)

>--
>BRs,
>Lei YU

* about pid speed control
@ 2020-09-27  3:17   ` 周 远清
From: 周 远清 @ 2020-09-27  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc; +Cc: uperic

Hi everyone,

    I added the phophor-pid-control module to my project. After the PID module was started, the pwm value oscillated between 12 and 153. I deleted other configurations and only kept one fan and one temp. I have debugged various PID parameter values of fan, and there is no obvious change in the phenomenon. Please take a look at it, thank you.

   The configuration is as follows:

   4611 root      7616 S    /usr/bin/swampd -t -l /tmp/

   root@starlake-sn:~# cat /etc/thermal.d/setpoint
   3000

   config.json as follow:
   {
    "sensors" : [
        {
            "name": "Fan0_Speed",
            "type": "fan",
            "readPath": "/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/fan_tach/Fan0_Speed",
            "writePath": "/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/fan_tach/Fan0_Speed",
            "min": 0,
            "max": 255,
            "timeout": 0
        },
        {
            "name": "inlet_Temp",
            "type": "temp",
            "readPath": "/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/inlet_Temp",
            "writePath": "",
            "min": 0,
            "max": 0,
            "ignoreDbusMinMax": true,
            "timeout": 0
        }
    ],
  "zones" : [
        {
            "id": 1,
            "minThermalOutput": 3000.0,
            "failsafePercent": 75.0,
            "pids": [
                {
                    "name": "Fan0_Speed",
                    "type": "fan",
                    "inputs": ["Fan0_Speed"],
                    "setpoint": 50.0,
                    "pid": {
                        "samplePeriod": 0.1,
                        "proportionalCoeff": 20.0,
                        "integralCoeff": 0.1,
                        "feedFwdOffsetCoeff": 0.0,
                        "feedFwdGainCoeff": 1.0,
                        "integralLimit_min": 0.0,
                        "integralLimit_max": 5.0,
                        "outLim_min": 5.0,
                        "outLim_max": 60.0,
                        "slewNeg": 0.0,
                        "slewPos": 0.0
                    }
                },
                {
                    "name": "inlet_Temp",
                    "type": "temp",
                    "inputs": ["inlet_Temp"],
                    "setpoint": 50.0,
                    "pid": {                      amplePeriod": 0.1,
                        "samplePeriod": 1.0,
                        "proportionalCoeff": -0.1,
                        "integralCoeff": 1.0,     36;34Hin": 5.0,
                        "feedFwdOffsetCoeff": 0.0,
                        "feedFwdGainCoeff": 0.0,
                        "integralLimit_min": 0.0,
                        "integralLimit_max": 0.0,
                        "outLim_min": 3000.0,
                        "outLim_max": 16000.0,
                        "slewNeg": 0.0,
                        "slewPos": 0.0,
                        "positiveHysteresis": 1.0,
                        "negativeHysteresis": 1.0
                    }
           }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

* 回复: about pid speed control
@ 2020-09-27 13:26     ` 周 远清
From: 周 远清 @ 2020-09-27 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc; +Cc: uperic

Hi everyone,

          For the parameters of the following table, does the PID code of openbmc have a clearer transfer function corresponding to this table? By adjusting the following parameters, fancontrol has taken effect. I set 5000 rpm, but the fan will change back and forth between 4500-5500. The change in this range is still relatively large. If there is a transfer function, the adjustment will be more accurate and faster.

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control/blob/master/configure.md
[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/13670043?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control/blob/master/configure.md>
openbmc/phosphor-pid-control<https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control/blob/master/configure.md>
OpenBMC PID-based Thermal Control Daemon. Contribute to openbmc/phosphor-pid-control development by creating an account on GitHub.
github.com

field   type    meaning
samplePeriod    double  How frequently the value is sampled. 0.1 for fans, 1.0 for temperatures.
proportionalCoeff       double  The proportional coefficient.
integralCoeff   double  The integral coefficient.
feedFwdOffsetCoeff      double  The feed forward offset coefficient.
feedFwdGainCoeff        double  The feed forward gain coefficient.
integralLimit_min       double  The integral minimum clamp value.
integralLimit_max       double  The integral maximum clamp value.
outLim_min      double  The output minimum clamp value.
outLim_max      double  The output maximum clamp value.
slewNeg double  Negative slew value to dampen output.
slewPos double  Positive slew value to accelerate output.

________________________________
[...]

* Re: about pid speed control
@ 2020-11-11 15:15       ` Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2020-11-11 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)