Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote on 15.02.2007 22:41:08: > > > Is there a DCR binding? Are the dcr-* properties documented > > anywhere: > > > > dcr-reg // what do these fields mean? > > dcr-parent // in case there is more than one controller?? > > dcr-controller > > dcr-access-method = "native" // what are the other options? > > Yes, we wrote a binding document though I can't find it now. Hartmut or > Heiko, do you have the latest DCR binding document at hand ? I found some draft. It is as you discribed here. I need to check, how close this is to what we did at last. Also we need place were we can publish such a document ... > > dcr-reg is akin to "reg", it is a list of [dcr numbers, number of dcr] > for a device. > > dcr-parent is a phandle to the dcr "controller" or "master" that > generate the DCR cycles > > dcr-controller is like "interrupt-controller", it's a property to slap > into any node that is also a dcr-controller. Typically, this can be the > core for a 4xx processor or a separate device for Axon > > dcr-access-method can be "native" for 4xx or "mmio" for Axon-type MMIO > mapped DCR bus. > > The parent linkage is necessary when using things ike Axon since more > than one Axon can be present in a system, thus more than one MMIO->DCR > "converters" providing each a separate DCR space for controller a > separate set of devices. > > Ben >