* [Buildroot] press request
       [not found] <82d17f75-915d-485f-9353-f091fb3576e8.8d5b84c6-3d2e-4c12-b2dd-1cea205060bd.05b36973-3f8d-47c8-982b-7fde04d5179e@emailsignatures365.codetwo.com>
@ 2022-04-27  7:15 ` Jens-Christoph Brendel
From: Jens-Christoph Brendel @ 2022-04-27  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello everybody,

We, the German Linux magazine, are planning a focus on Linux distributions for the IoT in the 07/22 issue. One of them we have in mind is Buildroot. We are therefore looking for an author who can introduce Buildroot to our readers in an article. Such an article should be four to six pages (about 4000 characters each) and cover questions such as:

- What is Buildroot? (main purpose, target audience, compatibility)
- Scope of services
- Differences and similarities compared to similar operating systems
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Examples of use

We need the text no later than June 1. It would be better if you can manage to deliver a few days earlier, because then we will have more time to discuss details, if necessary.A plain text file (ISO8859-1, aka Latin1) is perfect. Illustrations (at least one per page) should be delivered as separate image files.

The target audience consists of IT professionals, developers, administrators and IT managers. So we don't explain the basics. On the other hand, your reader may not know much about Buildroot. Imagine a person looking for an operating system for an IoT project. The author will give her all the details she needs to make an informed decision.

Is there anyone out there who would like and have the time to write such an article for us? We would pay 80 Euro per printed page. Please contact me at jens-christoph.brendel@computec.de.

Many thanks in advance
Jens-Christoph

. . . .
Disclaimer: The recipient acknowledges that Computec Media GmbH is unable to exercise control over the content of information contained in transmissions made via the Internet. Computec Media GmbH hereby excludes any warranty, written or implied, as to the quality or accuracy of any information contained in this message and any liability of any kind for the information contained, therein, or for its transmission, reception, storage or usage in any way, whatsoever.
Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: F?rth (HRB 14364) Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Christian M?ller, Rainer Rosenbusch Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE812575276
Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Datenschutz: https://www.computec.de/datenschutz<https://www.computec.de/datenschutz/>
. . . .

* Re: [Buildroot] press request
@ 2022-04-27 11:44   ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2022-04-27 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens-Christoph Brendel, buildroot

  Hi Jens-Christoph,

On 27/04/2022 09:15, Jens-Christoph Brendel wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> We, the German Linux magazine, are planning a focus on Linux distributions for
> the IoT in the 07/22 issue. One of them we have in mind is Buildroot. We are
> therefore looking for an author who can introduce Buildroot to our readers in an
> article.

  Sounds really interesting! I think Buildroot can use the publicity.

  I'd be willing to write such an article.

> Such an article should be four to six pages (about 4000 characters
> each) and cover questions such as:
>
> - What is Buildroot? (main purpose, target audience, compatibility)
>
> - Scope of services
>
> - Differences and similarities compared to similar operating systems

  For this part, it would be useful to know which other distros etc. you're
going to include in that issue.

> - Advantages and disadvantages
>
> - Examples of use
>
> We need the text no later than June 1. It would be better if you can manage to
> deliver a few days earlier, because then we will have more time to discuss
> details, if necessary.A plain text file (ISO8859-1, aka Latin1) is perfect.
> Illustrations (at least one per page) should be delivered as separate image files.

  Finding useful/suitable illustrations is always difficult...

> The target audience consists of IT professionals, developers, administrators and
> IT managers. So we don't explain the basics. On the other hand, your reader may
> not know much about Buildroot. Imagine a person looking for an operating system
> for an IoT project. The author will give her all the details she needs to make
> an informed decision.
>
> Is there anyone out there who would like and have the time to write such an
> article for us? We would pay 80 Euro per printed page. Please contact me at
> jens-christoph.brendel@computec.de.

  I'm answering publicly because I think it's best if the Buildroot community
aligns on who will write this article. If there are other candidates, we can
decide who is most suited, or collaborate on it.

  Would it be allowed to publish the text on the mailing list before hand in
order to have some review feedback on it from the community? I guess anybody
who's subscribed to the mailing list or can find the archives is probably not in
the target audience anyway.

  In a similar vein, would it be allowed to republish the text (no earlier than
August, I assume) in another venue, e.g. LWN.net?

  And on a personal level, would it be OK to include a box text introducing
myself and my employer?

  Regards,
  Arnout