* old Quantum Atlas II firmware needed
@ 2002-07-09 23:19 Lyle Seaman
From: Lyle Seaman @ 2002-07-09 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi

Not so smart, but I bought a cheap 9.1 GB SCSI drive.
Turns out it was a discontinued Quantum Atlas II, with weird OEM firmware.

I don't suppose somebody on this list might have the loader and
firmware kicking around, would they?

* Re: old Quantum Atlas II firmware needed
@ 2002-07-10  2:17 ` Michael G. Janicki
From: Michael G. Janicki @ 2002-07-10  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lyle Seaman; +Cc: linux-scsi

On 9 Jul 2002, Lyle Seaman wrote:

> Not so smart, but I bought a cheap 9.1 GB SCSI drive.
> Turns out it was a discontinued Quantum Atlas II, with weird OEM firmware.

  Not such a bad choice.  The machine I'm on right now has
2 Viking II's that have well outlasted their expected life.

> I don't suppose somebody on this list might have the loader and
> firmware kicking around, would they?

  No, but there is some hidden out there.  I found it a
few months back for those Vikings.  Check ftp://63.72.66.179
looks like /pub/Quantum\ Products/ might be what you're looking
for.

  As a note, after Maxter and Quantum merged their HDD businesses,
Maxtor maintained spec sheets and some utilities for the older
Quantum drives which are handy.  Have a look at the Maxtor site
as well.

	Mike

--
Michael Janicki