From: Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>
To: Hisham Kotry <etsh_cucu@yahoo.com>
Cc: linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, <ja@ssi.bg>
Subject: Re: routing issue
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:55:23 +0200 (EET)	[thread overview]

	Hello,

Hisham Kotry wrote:

> I have been trying to find a direct kernel hack that
> forces the linux kernel -any version- to use
> postrouting instead of prerouting, I have my reasons
> why I do not want to use netfilter, I currently use
> another FW, but I have this problem with routing, is
> there a way to fix it?

	There are some issues with netfilter+routing but it depends on
your setup. There are patches for this. You have to explain your
problem with the routing because Netfilter uses both pre- and
post-routing for different things. Your statement is ambigous. Do
you mean using the filtering in post_routing or what? I assume it
should be something with NAT but better you to explain.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>