I'm working with Yocto Dunfell. I just wanted to remove syslog from the busybox package by setting VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog to an empty string. But it seems like the syslog.cfg is added to the SRC_URI independent of the VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog which in turn will enable syslogd again. Wouldn't it be better to include syslog.cfg in SRC_URI only if VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog is set to busybox-syslog? So something like ${@["", "file://syslog.cfg" ][(d.getVar('VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog') == 'busybox-syslog')]}