From: Tom Talpey <ttalpey@microsoft.com>
To: Ross Lagerwall <ross.lagerwall@citrix.com>,
	Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com>
Cc: CIFS <linux-cifs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: Failure to reconnect after cluster failvoer
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 23:25:07 +0000	[thread overview]

Thanks for the full traces, they clarify the situation. But, I don’t see any
meaningful difference in the client behavior. The ordering of the two
treeconnects is the same between the two - initially, "IPC$" then
"smbshare", and on reconnect, the other way around. So, I'm unclear
whether your patch did anything.

The STATUS_NETWORK_NAME_DELETED is a consequence of the failed
re-establishment of the tree connect, and is not itself the problem. The
server is simply timing out the treeid, since the client did not successfully
reclaim it. The repeated STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME is the issue.

Are you sure the clustered server is recovering properly when you are
forcing the failover? For example, if it's a two-node cluster, maybe node A
can take over node B, but node B has issues taking over node A. Is there
anything relevant in the server logs?

Tom.