From: "Troy.Lee@vertiv.com" <Troy.Lee@vertiv.com>
To: "Adrian Ambrożewicz" <adrian.ambrozewicz@linux.intel.com>,
	"Richard Hanley" <rhanley@google.com>,
	"Vijay Khemka" <vijaykhemka@fb.com>
Cc: Vernon Mauery <vernon.mauery@linux.intel.com>,
	"openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>,
	Brad Bishop <bradleyb@fuzziesquirrel.com>
Subject: RE: [ExternalEmail] Re: Sensor history
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 09:52:52 +0000	[thread overview]

Adrian,

Thanks for the update!

Thanks
Troy Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: openbmc <openbmc-bounces+troy.lee=vertiv.com@lists.ozlabs.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Ambro?ewicz
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:15 PM
To: Richard Hanley <rhanley@google.com>; Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka@fb.com>
Cc: Vernon Mauery <vernon.mauery@linux.intel.com>; openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org; Brad Bishop <bradleyb@fuzziesquirrel.com>
Subject: [ExternalEmail] Re: Sensor history

TelemetryService is currently in development.

Integration with EventService was tested and proved to work fine. Intel have prepared demo for 2020 Virtual OCP Summit if you are willing to have some insight about use cases.

We should expect solution to start appearing in upstream sooner than later as feature is almost complete - it requires legal issues to be sorted out.

Regards,
Adrian

W dniu 4/14/2020 o 22:41, Richard Hanley pisze:
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> There is a telemetry proposal in docs and repository.
>> https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/telemetry.md
>> https://github.com/openbmc/telemetry
>  > The proposal seems promising and complete.
>  > What is the implementation status?
>
> I'm also curious about a status update here.  Were there any design
> issues that needed to be worked out, or is it ready to develop?
>
>>>    To implement the Redfish Telemetry service would we need to store
>>>them on
>>>    the BMC as well?
>  >It will be nice if we can store it in RAM at least with larger data
> and some diskspace  >With small log rotate.
>
> The Telemetry Service already has a concept of log rotation, but
> overall I agree that storing in RAM first with optional persistence is
> better than the other way around.
> - Richard
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain confidential and privileged information protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system.