Hi, > -----Original Message----- > From: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org [mailto:cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org] On Behalf Of Pavel Machek > Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 7:10 PM > To: uli@fpond.eu; cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org > Subject: [cip-dev] Coordinating stable reviews > > Hi! > > It is good to review "stable" patches soon, because such reviews are > more useful for the stable community, and because when bug is spotted, > it is easier to get patch dropped in the 5.10.X-rc phase than waiting > for 5.10.X release and then having patch reverted in 5.10.X+1. > > Unfortunately, we don't have good system for coordinating reviews in > -rc phase. > It's different from the current system, but how about using patchwork? Somehow forward the patch posted to stable@kernel.org as -rc to cip-dev and review it at patchwork.kernel.org. It doesn't meet all requests because it can't be operated from the command line. Also, as Ulrich wrote, I think it's a good idea to use gitlab. I suggest a way to comment on the commit instead of using the gitlab wiki. for example, we can comment on the following URL (commit). We need to investigate, but I think it can be manipulated from the command line using Gitlab's API or libraries. https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/commit/d25b48d4d3ef1ce75ce5628a8a3ba60a2427090f > There's a script (commit.py) that produces one-line-per-patch output > suitable for review. One possibility would be to have shared place > somewhere reviewers could tag "I'm working on these patches". > > I don't believe lts-commit-list.git repository is suitable for that; > format suitable for review is different from what we have in > lts-commit-list, and there is going to be multiple updates per day in > busy periods. > > We don't really need commit messages for this. Actually, we don't > really need to keep history, either. It would be good if system could > be controlled from command line for easy scripting. > > Any ideas what kind of service could be used for this? > Best regards, Nobuhiro