* Problem setting up ofono
@ 2017-04-13 13:09 Davide Tuccilli
From: Davide Tuccilli @ 2017-04-13 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

I'm trying to setup ofono on a yocto system, to route calls through HFP. I'm running ofono 1.16 pulseaudio 9.0 and bluez 5.28. As far as I understand this task shouldn't require much of a setup, and a couple of changes in /etc/pulse/default.pa should be enough to get it working:

.ifexists module-bluetooth-policy.so
load-module module-bluetooth-policy ag=true
.endif

.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
load-module module-bluetooth-discover headset=ofono
.endif

It seems that ofono sees the phone as a modem: https://pastebin.com/bPudNcGR

But nothing happens when I start a call, and even changing the card profile manually to headset_audio_gateway doesn't work, as the bluez source results suspended during calls.

I've tried running ofonod with the -d flag to get some debug information, but I didn't see anything that could help me, since it stops printing out anything after the connection succeeds, here's the full log: https://pastebin.com/gz2tFK4n

It seems to me that I have a problem with ofono/dbus, because when I try to run the dial-number script from the ofono test package, I get this error: https://pastebin.com/86iKN5hc

I would need some help to figure out where the problem is, since I don't know where to look at.

<https://pastebin.com/86iKN5hc>

<https://pastebin.com/86iKN5hc>

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 2321 bytes --]

* Re: Problem setting up ofono
@ 2017-04-13 16:53 ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2017-04-13 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Davide,

> I've tried running ofonod with the -d flag to get some debug
> information, but I didn't see anything that could help me, since it
> stops printing out anything after the connection succeeds, here's the
> full log: https://pastebin.com/gz2tFK4n

Run ofonod with OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1 environment variable set.

e.g.
export OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1
ofonod -nd

What version of BlueZ are you using?

Regards,
-Denis

* Re: Problem setting up ofono
@ 2017-04-18  8:22   ` Davide Tuccilli
From: Davide Tuccilli @ 2017-04-18  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Denis,

Thank you for your response. I'm using BlueZ 5.28 and I've ran a test with OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1 as you suggested. From this test, it would look like the bluetooth communication is working, since I'm getting messages printed out by ofono when I try to call, although I'm not sure how to interpret them. I will link full log in case you want to take a look: https://pastebin.com/1SQwBDZ5 . I've tried calling 3 times in the latter part of the log.

________________________________
> I've tried running ofonod with the -d flag to get some debug
> information, but I didn't see anything that could help me, since it
> stops printing out anything after the connection succeeds, here's the
> full log: https://pastebin.com/gz2tFK4n

Run ofonod with OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1 environment variable set.

e.g.
export OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1
ofonod -nd

What version of BlueZ are you using?

Regards,
-Denis

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 2068 bytes --]

* Re: Problem setting up ofono
@ 2017-04-18 15:16     ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2017-04-18 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono