On Wed, Jan 06, 2021 at 01:32:11PM +0530, Sunitha Harish wrote: > Ed's suggestion is not to use the pthreads, instead implement > alternatives to do the same job, so that the binary size is kept > minimum. He mentioned: /"//Considering that's a ~30% increase in binary > size to support one line off code, and most systems are already at their > binary size limit, no, that's not going to be acceptable. We can either > patch boost to use this > //https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/getaddrinfo_a.3.html > //or we > could build our own resolver type that calls that underneath. This was > based on a quick lookthrough of solutions in Google. I'm open to other > ideas here". / Since we're using systemd and we have the `resolved` feature turned on, why not just send an async dbus message to the resolved.service? ``` $ busctl introspect org.freedesktop.resolve1 /org/freedesktop/resolve1 | grep ResolveHostname .ResolveHostname method isit a(iiay)st - ``` https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/org.freedesktop.resolve1.html -- Patrick Williams