On Wed, Jan 06, 2021 at 08:27:43AM +0100, Bartosz Golaszewski wrote: > On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 3:38 PM Andy Shevchenko > wrote: > > > > On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 03:19:13PM +0100, Bartosz Golaszewski wrote: > > > On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 10:27 PM Linus Walleij wrote: > > > > > > > > On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 7:41 AM Syed Nayyar Waris wrote: > > > > > > > > > Since this patchset primarily affects GPIO drivers, would you like > > > > > to pick it up through your GPIO tree? > > > > > > > > Actually Bartosz is handling the GPIO patches for v5.12. > > > > I tried to merge the patch series before but failed for > > > > various reasons. > > > > > My info on this is a bit outdated - didn't Linus Torvalds reject these > > > patches from Andrew Morton's PR? Or am I confusing this series with > > > something else? > > > > Linus T. told that it can be done inside GPIO realm. This version tries > > (badly in my opinion) to achieve that. > > > > I'm seeing William and Arnd have some unaddressed issues with patch 1 > (with using __builtin_unreachable()). > > Admittedly I didn't follow the previous iterations too much so I may > miss some history behind it. Why do the first two patches go into lib > if this is supposed to be gpiolib-only? > > Bartosz This patchset originally start out as a replacement for bitmap_get_value8/bitmap_set_value8/for_each_set_clump8, which are used outside of the GPIO subsystem. Over the course of the revisions, the scope of this patchset was reduced down and now it's only affecting GPIO drivers. You're right that this shouldn't be going into lib anymore because it's gpiolib-only now. I expect the next revision of this patchset Syed submits will address that. William Breathitt Gray