On 2020-12-02 at 13:09:49, Johannes Schindelin wrote: > I am having a hard time with the name `missing_components`. Taking a step > back, I think that we are interested in essentially two modes: allow one > missing component, or an arbitrary amount of missing components. > > If this assumption is correct, we may not even need to count components at > all. We only need a flag indicating whether we allow only the last > component to be missing, or any number of components. Maybe something like > `error_on_missing_parent_directory` or some such? That's certainly easier. I hope to get a reroll out this week, and I'll simplify when I do that. -- brian m. carlson (he/him or they/them) Houston, Texas, US