All of lore.kernel.org
From: Giuliano Pochini <pochini@shiny.it>
To: Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net>
Cc: linuxppc-dev@lists.linuxppc.org
Subject: Re: G4 mdd help request
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:32:10 +0200 (CEST)	[thread overview]

On 16-Jul-2003 Ethan Benson wrote:

>> > the yaboot bootstrap partition should be type Apple_Bootstrap and thus
>> > never mounted by any macos, if this is the case there is no need to
>> > rebless it since macos never tampered with it.
>>
>> IIRC it's Apple_Bootstrap, but first of all I must know the correct
>> ofpath... I also tried to boot the YDL2.3 cd without success :(
>
> just walk the device tree in OF.

Of course I did, but I was unsure because dev / ls shows a leaf "/disk".
Yesterday night I managed to get from osx the of path, and it's about
the same I wrote above. I mounted the boot partition in /xyz, then I
wrote in a root shell:

bless -folder9 /xyz -verbose -setOF

*obviously* it didn't work, but It printed the of path on the screen,
which I hope it's the right one. Any attempt to boot from of results in
a "can't OPEN: pci/......". Damn! Does it boot from anything different
than the osx dvd and its ide disc ??

Bye.