On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 01:04:40PM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote: > Why do you need to? What tools require these debugfs files to be > present? We are not entirely sure what applications (if any) might be using this interface. > And if you only have 7-8 files per CPU, that does not seem like a lot of > files overall (14000-16000)? If you only offline 1 cpu, how is removing > 7 or 8 files a bottleneck? Do you really offline 1999 cpus for a 2k > system? It's 7-8 files per domain per cpu, so, in a system with approx 2k cpus and five domains, the total file count goes above 70k-80k files. And, when we offline 1 CPU, the entire directory is rebuilt, resulting in creation of all the files again. Thanks -- vishal.c