On Mon, Nov 07, 2022 at 04:26:03PM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote: > On Mon, Nov 07, 2022 at 12:06:07PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Mon, Nov 07, 2022 at 09:43:22AM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > The series does fill in __clk_mux_determine_rate for everything though - > > if it was just assumed by default the only thing that'd be needed would > > be adding the flag. > The behavior assumed by default was equivalent to > __clk_mux_determine_rate + CLK_SET_RATE_NO_REPARENT. We could indeed set > both if determine_rate is missing in the core, but that's unprecedented > in the clock framework so I think we'll want Stephen to comment here :) > It's also replacing one implicit behavior by another. The point of this > series was to raise awareness on that particular point, so I'm not sure > it actually fixes things. We'll see what Stephen thinks about it. We could also just set the operation and still require the flag to be specified. I'm a little surprised to learn that it's something you might want to override, never mind that the API didn't have a default - it feels like a bit of a landmine that this is the case and is probably why there's so many cases to fix up.