On Thu 2022-11-24 09:17:51, Yu Kuai wrote: > Hi, > > 在 2022/11/24 6:01, Pavel Machek 写道: > > Hi! > > > > > > I see this... and it looks like there are 16 workqueues before nbd is > > > > even used. Surely there are better ways to do that? > > > > > > Yes, it would be nice to create a pool of workers that only spawns up > > > threads when actual parallel requests are made. Are you willing to > > > help write the patch? > > > > I was thinking more "only spawn a workqueue when nbd is opened" or so. > > > > I have 16 of them, and I'm not using nbd. Workqueue per open device is > > okay, current situation... not so much. > > You can take a look at this commit: > > e2daec488c57 ("nbd: Fix hungtask when nbd_config_put") > > Allocation of recv_workq is moved from start device to alloc device to > fix hungtask. You might need to be careful if you want to move this. Can we get that reverted? That is rather obscure bug (how many GFP_KERNEL failures do you normally see?) and it costs, dunno, 100KB? of unswappable memory. Best regards, Pavel -- People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.