On Fri, Dec 02, 2022 at 09:56:39AM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote: > On 02. 12. 22 8:54, Takashi Iwai wrote: > > Takashi Iwai wrote: > > > > Oh, this is getting a little confusing - I'd just picked Jaroslav's > > > > patch into my tree and was in the middle redoing my ideas on top of his > > > > code! I might have something more later this evening... I think we can > > > > converge here, let me continue taking a look. > > > Ah then it was my misunderstanding, and everything should be fine now > > > ;) Thanks! > > Erm, you meant sent as *v3*. I've seen now. > > As the v2 patches were already merged, could you rather rebase and > > resubmit? I'd like to avoid rebase the full series that are already > > included in linux-next. > It's rebased. The first patch from the set drops the previous Mark's changes. Indeed, there was so many collisions with Jaroslav's patches which it just seemed like the most straightforward way to do things (plus I'd already written a good chunk of the new version by the time you applied my v2). Probably only a small bit of the skipping code would end up remaining anyway.