On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 03:50:26PM +0100, Greg KH wrote: > On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 01:08:59PM +0000, dima.pasechnik@cs.ox.ac.uk wrote: > > On Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 06:36:47PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote: > > > > > > It might help if you post the output of "lsusb -v" for this device. > > Please see attached; I also attached the output for an older version of > > this board (V1). The one we talk about is V2. Both versions have the > > same VID, and, weirdly, the same PID (internally they aren't binary > > compatible, even) > > That's horrible, someone should talk to the vendor here and get them to > at least bump the device id. The vendor is ARM (https://www.arm.com/) - I guess Linux Foundation is a good "someone" to talk to the vendor in this case. Can PID be bumped up by a firmware update? > > Anyway, I don't see a "serial" device here, just use the cdc-acm driver > and all should be ok, right? Is there any missing functionality that > you feel is required that only the usb-serial api can provide? Not at this point, no. Perhaps I'll resurrect this if I find something out. Best, Dmitrii