Hey Joe, I thought I replied to Lee's message the other day but obviously forgot to send it. On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 04:47:58PM +0000, Joseph Strauss wrote: > On 22/12/23 12:15PM, Lee Jones wrote: > > On Wed, 14 Dec 2022, Joseph Strauss wrote: > > > > Would you mind composing your mails such that my Key Manager doens't ask > > me for a password in order to view them please? > I would be happy to, but I am not sure how to diagnose or fix the > problem. I used git send-email to send the patch. I have no such problem > when viewing the email from my own client. I looked at the email headers > and did not see anything out of the ordinary, and the thread shows up > fine on lore.kernel.org. > Is there any other information you can provide > about the problem? Has it happened before? Unfortunately it has - and it is a protonmail "feature". kernel.org publishes keys for it's users via WKD: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.17/process/maintainer-pgp-guide.html#configure-auto-key-retrieval-using-wkd-and-dane protonmail, as part of the "back end" or w/e automagically picks up the keys and uses them to encrypt the message. The list (and people without WKD set up for their domains) will get the un-encrypted version When I was a proton user, I could not find a way in the UI to disable it. I contacted their support at the time who told me it was a feature! Recently it cropped up again: https://lore.kernel.org/all/20221122213754.45474-1-alobakin@mailbox.org/ Unfortunately, the "workaround" was to avoid proton there too. I was wondering, when I saw Lee's mail, if we should add some sort of comment about this proton behaviour to process/email-clients.. Conor.