On Thu, Jan 05, 2023 at 03:22:29PM +0000, Will Deacon wrote: > On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 05:12:04PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > There is no architectural requirement for systems implementing SME to > > also implement SVE, though it is expected to be an unusual configuration. > How unusual? If people aren't practically going to build this, I think > we'd be better off keeping the code simple and not supporting SME unless > SVE is also present. I can't comment on anyone's roadmaps, but this is a configuration I've been asked about by other people rather than just something I thought of myself so it has been considered and I can see why someone might think about implementing such a system. Given that the changes are just adding system_supports_sme() to existing configuration checks so that we go through code paths that are already being exercised anyway I think it's sufficiently non-invasive to justify the cost of handling the case.