Hi! > > > However, as this is not Linux-specific, how hard can it be to convince > > > your distro to include https://github.com/qris/dhrystone-deb.git? > > > Usually, when I have a full userspace available, I just clone the above, > > > and debuild it myself. > > > > Dunno. I'd not solve it if package was in Debian, but it is not. > > I would suspect the better long-term solution would be to get the > package into Debian, since that will be easier for people to use. I > suspect the reason why most distros don't include it is because it > really is a **terrible** benchmark for most use cases. Yeah, so... every benchmark is terrible. Is this one worse than most? I tried benchmarking using: time factor $[65863223*65863159] - but that's division test, not a CPU test, and there are two versions of factor floating around time cat /dev/urandom | head -c 10000000 | bzip2 -9 - | wc -c - but that seems to be memory test, not a CPU test. Dhrystone seems to be making some kind of comeback in RISC-V land. Is there something better? Something better that is still reasonably small? Best regards, Pavel -- People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.