On Apr 23 07:21, Klaus Jensen wrote: >From: Klaus Jensen > >First patch fixes a regression where msix is not correctly uninit'ed >when an nvme device is hotplugged with device_del. When viewed in >conjunction with the commit that introduced the bug (commit >1901b4967c3f), I think the fix looks relatively obvious. > >Second patch disables hotplugging for nvme controllers that are >connected to subsystems since the way namespaces are connected to the >nvme controller bus is messed up by removing the device. This bug causes >a segfault but is *not* a regression and is related to an experimental >feature. > >v2: > - remove memory subregion as well > - add (possible) patch to disable hotplugging on subsystem connected > controllers > >Klaus Jensen (2): > hw/block/nvme: fix invalid msix exclusive uninit > hw/block/nvme: disable hotplugging for subsystem-linked controllers > > hw/block/nvme.c | 7 ++++++- > 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-) > >-- >2.31.1 > > Peter, I know you have a lot of crap on your plate right now, so for the record, yes, this is a regression, but not release critical, right? I am not aware of anyone depending on this unplugging functionality (which according to Bug 1925496 is and have always been flaky) in production. Basically, as far as I know, all known uses of this device are for development and/or testing.