On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 10:59:35AM +0200, Emanuele Giuseppe Esposito wrote: > This serie of patches bring thread safety to the smaller APIs used by > block-copy, namely ratelimit, progressmeter, co-shared-resource > and aiotask. > The end goal is to reduce the usage of the global > AioContexlock in block-copy, by introducing smaller granularity > locks thus on making the block layer thread safe. I'm not sure "global" is accurate. Block jobs can deal with arbitrary AioContexts, not just a global AioContext. The lock is per-AioContext rather than global. Or did I miss something?