On 2021-05-20 at 05:22:33, Somogyi Henrik wrote: > Hello Community, > > I have just learnt, that I can dowload an Android app example from GitHub > into my Android Studio. > > But I do not have git.exe installed on my PC yet. > > What shall I install on my PC to have this git.exe? > > I wish to install only the bare minimum needed for downloading the example. > I would like to avoid the install of a fully fledged Git with all the > whistles and bells to have an own "github" on my PC. > > I do not find this info on [Git - Downloads > (git-scm.com)](https://git-scm.com/download) Most people using Git on Windows use the standard Git for Windows edition. If you'd like a smaller one, the Git for Windows Portable option is also available, which can be run off a thumbdrive if you like. Because Windows lacks a standard POSIX shell and POSIX utilities which Git requires to run, you need more than a single binary. Git invokes the shell when you spawn an editor and run certain types of aliases, among other activities, so a POSIX shell is absolutely required for Git to have normal functionality. Even on Unix, a reasonably functional Git installation requires additional binaries, such as the HTTP helper, so having only the single binary would result in substantially reduced functionality, and I'm not aware of anyone shipping such a configuration. -- brian m. carlson (he/him or they/them) Houston, Texas, US