On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 07:12:23PM -0400, John Snow wrote: > When creating a source distribution via 'python3 setup.py sdist', the > VERSION and PACKAGE.rst files aren't bundled by default. Create a > MANIFEST.in file that instructs the build tools to include these so that > installation from source dists won't fail. > > (This invocation is required by 'tox', as well as by the tooling needed > to upload packages to PyPI.) > > Signed-off-by: John Snow > --- > python/README.rst | 2 ++ > python/MANIFEST.in | 2 ++ > 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+) > create mode 100644 python/MANIFEST.in > I was about to propose mypy.ini to be included here, but given that it's merged into setup.cfg later in this series: Reviewed-by: Cleber Rosa --- Note to self (and to you) when generating the sdist, I get: ... package init file 'qemu/__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file) package init file 'dist/__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file) ... Which may not be too harmful, but deserves investigation.