Em Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 11:25:05PM +0200, Borislav Petkov escreveu: > On Wed, Jun 02, 2021 at 12:35:44PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote: > > ... > > will build in older systems where things added to the updated copy of > > the kernel headers isn't present, so trying to update the file and then > > rebuild perf, only warning me if it doesn't build would give me an early > > warning about things that are breaking and that I should look sooner > > rather than later. > > > > Doing just the diff is not that useful :-) > > Lemme see if I understand this correctly: you'd like for the 0day folks > to take those perf-*src-pkg builds, put them on an *old* distro and see > if it builds. Am I close? Apply the patch, try to build it, it doesn't matter where you build it, only that after applying the patch I want to know if it doersn't build, so that I can look at it earlier than when it gets to my attention by merging upstream, etc. > And do that with the headers in tools/ which do not have the new changes > and see if they still build? > > Or? > > Alternatively, we can always go back to keeping the headers in sync with > those in tools/ and f'get about it. We're doing it already, Peter wants to help me with it, and I think this has value. - Arnaldo > Thoughts? > > Thx. > > -- > Regards/Gruss, > Boris. > > https://people.kernel.org/tglx/notes-about-netiquette -- - Arnaldo