On 2021-06-02 at 05:53:55, Somogyi Henrik wrote: > Hello Brian, Hi, Please keep the list in CC so that everyone can see the discussion. I'm not that familiar with Windows and may be offline for a few days soon, so if you CC the list you may find someone who is better able to answer your questions. > I have installed "Git for Windows v2.31.1". > > I only need the git.exe so that Android Studio can use it for dowloading a > sample Android app from GitHub. > > But now I got 4 git.exe programs: > > F:\programs\Git > \bin\git.exe > \cmd\git.exe > \mingw64\bin\git.exe > \mingw64\libexec\git-core\git.exe > > Which should I specify in Android Studio as the needed git.exe? I believe you can go to a command prompt and type "where git" and that should print the proper location. If you've installed the portable version, I believe the one in the top-level bin directory is correct. -- brian m. carlson (he/him or they/them) Houston, Texas, US