* [LTP] [RFC] Remove disktest from LTP
@ 2021-06-03  6:58 Petr Vorel
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Petr Vorel @ 2021-06-03  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi,

does anybody use testcases/kernel/io/disktest ?

It supports various OS, but not sure if it's relevant now in SSD era.
Last update was in 2008 (version 1.4.2).
It's not in any runtest file thus not being run by default.

I'd either delete it. Or, if still useful, I'd put it into separate project
under https://github.com/linux-test-project.

Kind regards,
Petr

* [LTP] [RFC] Remove disktest from LTP
@ 2021-06-04  9:15 ` Li Wang
From: Li Wang @ 2021-06-04  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

> does anybody use testcases/kernel/io/disktest ?

Personally, I have never touched them at all.
So it's fine for me to drop it.

Li Wang

* [LTP] [RFC] Remove disktest from LTP
@ 2021-06-04 17:12 ` Jan Stancek
From: Jan Stancek @ 2021-06-04 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 8:58 AM Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody use testcases/kernel/io/disktest ?
>
> It supports various OS, but not sure if it's relevant now in SSD era.
> Last update was in 2008 (version 1.4.2).

I don't think I ever used it, it does look outdated, so I won't miss it.
If it has upstream repo somewhere, we could put a reference in commit
message.

> It's not in any runtest file thus not being run by default.
>
> I'd either delete it. Or, if still useful, I'd put it into separate project
> under https://github.com/linux-test-project.
>
> Kind regards,
> Petr

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [LTP] [RFC] Remove disktest from LTP
@ 2021-06-04 17:42   ` Enji Cooper
From: Enji Cooper @ 2021-06-04 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

> On Jun 4, 2021, at 10:12 AM, Jan Stancek <jstancek@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 8:58 AM Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz <mailto:pvorel@suse.cz>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody use testcases/kernel/io/disktest ?
>
> It supports various OS, but not sure if it's relevant now in SSD era.
> Last update was in 2008 (version 1.4.2).
>
> I don't think I ever used it, it does look outdated, so I won't miss it.
> If it has upstream repo somewhere, we could put a reference in commit message.

I say nuke it from orbit.

It exists in VCS still, so if someone wants to restore it and work on it, they can go back through the git history and do so.

Cheers,
-Enji
> > does anybody use testcases/kernel/io/disktest ?

> > It supports various OS, but not sure if it's relevant now in SSD era.
> > Last update was in 2008 (version 1.4.2).

> > I don't think I ever used it, it does look outdated, so I won't miss it.
> > If it has upstream repo somewhere, we could put a reference in commit message.

> I say nuke it from orbit.

> It exists in VCS still, so if someone wants to restore it and work on it, they can go back through the git history and do so.

I have not found the original project in sourceforge. Would you please post a
link, I'll add it to the commit message of the removal commit.

Kind regards,
Petr

@ 2021-06-04 20:53       ` Enji Cooper
From: Enji Cooper @ 2021-06-04 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

> On Jun 4, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi Enji,
>
>>> does anybody use testcases/kernel/io/disktest ?
>
>>> It supports various OS, but not sure if it's relevant now in SSD era.
>>> Last update was in 2008 (version 1.4.2).
>
>>> I don't think I ever used it, it does look outdated, so I won't miss it.
>>> If it has upstream repo somewhere, we could put a reference in commit message.
>
>> I say nuke it from orbit.
>
>> It exists in VCS still, so if someone wants to restore it and work on it, they can go back through the git history and do so.
>
> I have not found the original project in sourceforge. Would you please post a
> link, I'll add it to the commit message of the removal commit.

I honestly don?t know where it came from :/?

My comment was more the fact that it exists in the LTP github repo, which means (even after it?s deleted), it can be restored.

Cheers,
-Enji

> >> I say nuke it from orbit.

> >> It exists in VCS still, so if someone wants to restore it and work on it, they can go back through the git history and do so.

> > I have not found the original project in sourceforge. Would you please post a
> > link, I'll add it to the commit message of the removal commit.

> I honestly don?t know where it came from :/?
Right, np.

> My comment was more the fact that it exists in the LTP github repo, which means (even after it?s deleted), it can be restored.
Sure.

@ 2021-06-07  9:26 ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2021-06-07  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> does anybody use testcases/kernel/io/disktest ?

Ack for removoval from me as well.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* [LTP] [RFC] Remove disktest from LTP
@ 2021-06-07 10:42   ` Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2021-06-07 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi all,

> Hi!
> > does anybody use testcases/kernel/io/disktest ?

> Ack for removoval from me as well.

Thanks a lot all for your ack, merged.

f7350d6a2 ("Remove disktest")

Kind regards,