On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 09:32:03AM +0200, Johan Hovold wrote: > On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 03:55:48PM +0200, Chris wrote: > > On Thursday, July 29, 2021 12:10:44 PM CEST Johan Hovold wrote: > > > Do you have any idea what kind of chip this is? > > > > No, sorry, I don't. Do I have to open the device to check? (I'd rather not... > > I'd have to crawl into the attic to get to it) > > No, that's alright. It's most likely an HXD and the difference to HX is > just the maximum line speed as far as we know currently. > > I'll add a special case for the bcdDevice of this device for now. Taking a closer look at this I realised that your device is actually an HX for which bcdDevice is configurable in EEPROM/OTPROM unlike for HXD and later types. (The default HXD product string also has a "D" in it: "USB-Serial Controller D"). So we need to assume any device with bcdUSB 1.10 and unknown bcdDevice to be an HX. Johan