On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 11:02:45AM +0100, Jeremy Sowden wrote: > On 2021-08-30, at 11:33:40 +1000, Duncan Roe wrote: > > On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 02:16:21AM +0200, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote: > > > On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 08:38:18PM +0100, Jeremy Sowden wrote: > > > > The first four patches contain some miscellaneous improvements, > > > > then the last two add code to retrieve time-stamps and interface > > > > names from packets. > > > > > > Applied, thanks. > > > > > > > Incidentally, I notice that the last release of libnetfilter_log > > > > was in 2012. Time for 1.0.2, perhaps? > > > > > > I'll prepare for release, thanks for signalling. > > > > With man pages? > > I was waiting for you and Pablo to finalize the changes to > libnetfilter_queue with the intention of then looking at porting them to > libnetfilter_log. :) The are at least 3 areas which could be worked on in the meantime: 1. Fix the remaining doxygen warnings (attached) 2. Insert the SYNOPSIS sections with required #include stmts. I've found that to be a bit of a black art e.g. pktb_alloc() doesn't actually need libmnl.h but if you leave it out then you need stdint.h which libmnl.h drags in. So specify libmnl.h because other functions in the program will need it anyway. 3. The doxygen code will need a bit of "tightening" so man pages look better: ensure all functions that return something have a \returns; add \sa (see also) where appropriate; list possible errno values in an Errors paragraph (or detail the underlying system calls that might set errno); maybe clarify wording where appropriate. > > The most recent Debian release included a -doc package with the HTML > doc's in it, and the next one will include the test programmes as > examples, but I think the man-pages need a bit of work first. Yes the 3 items above should be most of it. I'm happy to work on them or would you rather? > > J. Cheers ... Duncan.