On Aug 23 19:47, Keith Busch wrote: > On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 02:20:18PM +0200, Klaus Jensen wrote: > > From: Klaus Jensen > > > > Address 0x0 is a valid address. Fix the admin submission and completion > > queue address validation to not error out on this. > > Indeed, there are environments that can use that address. It's a host error if > the controller was enabled with invalid queue addresses anyway. The controller > only needs to verify the lower bits are clear, which we do later. > > Reviewed-by: Keith Busch > Thanks Keith, Yeah, I noticed this with a VFIO-based driver where the IOVAs typically start at 0x0. And yes, I specifically refrained from adding any other sanity checks on the addresses. I.e., we could add a check for ASQ != ACQ, but who are we to judge ;) Applied to nvme-next!