* [LTP] LTP release planning
@ 2021-09-08 12:04 ` Cyril Hrubis
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2021-09-08 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
Since september has started already we should start preparing for next
LTP release. Lately we tend to release at the end of the month, which
still leaves us plenty of time for the preparations.

Looking at the calendar we should start the git freeze at the end of the
next week on Friday 17.09. That would give us a bit less than two weeks
for pre-release testing and then we can finalize the release at 29.09.
or 30.09. If this schedulle does not work for you, let me know.

If there are no complaints I will continue to review patches until the
end of the next week, especially the ones that have been hanging in the
queue for a while.

And lastly but not least if you have some patches that should be
included in the release please make me know ASAP so that we have a
chance of getting them in.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* Re: [LTP] LTP release planning
@ 2021-09-14 12:01     ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2021-09-14 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> And lastly but not least if you have some patches that should be
> included in the release please make me know ASAP so that we have a
> chance of getting them in.

Gentle reminder, if there is anything that haven't been reviewed yet and
should be part of the release let me know ASAP.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* Re: [LTP] LTP release planning
@ 2021-09-20  6:41       ` Joerg Vehlow
From: Joerg Vehlow @ 2021-09-20  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp, Petr Vorel, Cyril Hrubis

Hi Cyril and Petr,

On 9/14/2021 2:01 PM, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
>> And lastly but not least if you have some patches that should be
>> included in the release please make me know ASAP so that we have a
>> chance of getting them in.
> Gentle reminder, if there is anything that haven't been reviewed yet and
> should be part of the release let me know ASAP.
What about this patch?
https://lists.linux.it/pipermail/ltp/2021-September/024831.html

Late reply, because of my vacation for the last two weeks.

Joerg

* Re: [LTP] LTP release planning
@ 2021-09-20  7:39         ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2021-09-20  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joerg Vehlow; +Cc: ltp

Hi!
> What about this patch?
> https://lists.linux.it/pipermail/ltp/2021-September/024831.html
>
> Late reply, because of my vacation for the last two weeks.

That one is already in:

https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/80659d062575912c6e589d42d53d3259e0f74571

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* Re: [LTP] LTP release planning
@ 2021-09-20  7:41           ` Joerg Vehlow
From: Joerg Vehlow @ 2021-09-20  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cyril Hrubis; +Cc: ltp

Hi

On 9/20/2021 9:39 AM, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
>> What about this patch?
>> https://lists.linux.it/pipermail/ltp/2021-September/024831.html
>>
>> Late reply, because of my vacation for the last two weeks.
> That one is already in:
>
> https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/80659d062575912c6e589d42d53d3259e0f74571
Sorry, I was only looking for "merged" message on the mailing list. I
guess I need another vacation :D

Joerg

* Re: [LTP] LTP release planning
@ 2021-09-20  8:09             ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2021-09-20  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joerg Vehlow; +Cc: ltp

Hi!
> >> Late reply, because of my vacation for the last two weeks.
> > That one is already in:
> >
> > https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/80659d062575912c6e589d42d53d3259e0f74571
> Sorry, I was only looking for "merged" message on the mailing list. I
> guess I need another vacation :D

Who doesn't :-).

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* Re: [LTP] LTP release planning
@ 2021-09-20  8:11   ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2021-09-20  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> Looking at the calendar we should start the git freeze at the end of the
> next week on Friday 17.09. That would give us a bit less than two weeks
> for pre-release testing and then we can finalize the release at 29.09.
> or 30.09. If this schedulle does not work for you, let me know.

We are supposed to be in the pre release git freeze now so nothing but
bugfixes should go to the git until the release is finalized.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* Re: [LTP] LTP release planning
@ 2021-09-27 10:27   ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2021-09-27 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!
> Since september has started already we should start preparing for next
> LTP release. Lately we tend to release at the end of the month, which
> still leaves us plenty of time for the preparations.
>
> Looking at the calendar we should start the git freeze at the end of the
> next week on Friday 17.09. That would give us a bit less than two weeks
> for pre-release testing and then we can finalize the release at 29.09.
> or 30.09. If this schedulle does not work for you, let me know.

If nobody complains I would produce the release today in the evening, I
think that we have solved everything that had to be fixed and there is
no reason to further delay the release. If you have a last minute fix
make me know now!

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz