* Rust in Qemu BoF followup: Rust vs. qemu platform support
@ 2021-09-17  8:58 David Gibson
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: David Gibson @ 2021-09-17  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel
  Cc: peter.maydell, slp, cohuck, f4bug, hreitz, stefanha, pbonzini,
	marcandre.lureau, alex.bennee, sgarzare

Hi all,

At the qemu-in-rust BoF at KVM Forum, I volunteered to look into
whether Rust supported all the host/build platforms that qemu does,
which is obviously vital if we want to make Rust a non-optional
component of the build.

I've added the information to our wiki at:
	https://wiki.qemu.org/RustInQemu

TBH, the coverage is not as good as I expected.  Linux, macOS and
Windows are pretty much ok, with the exception of Linux on Sparc.
There are a lot of gaps in *BSD support, however.

I've included some notes on where the information comes from, and some
uncertainties in there.

I've made an effort to get the information correct, but double
checking would be appreciated.

I haven't yet looked into the packaging situation for the Rust
toolchain on various platforms and distros, but I still intend to do
so.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson