On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 04:59:09PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: 65;6402;1c> On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 12:34:29PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote: > > On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 06:58:37PM +1000, David Gibson wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > > > > At the qemu-in-rust BoF at KVM Forum, I volunteered to look into > > > whether Rust supported all the host/build platforms that qemu does, > > > which is obviously vital if we want to make Rust a non-optional > > > component of the build. > > > > > > I've added the information to our wiki at: > > > https://wiki.qemu.org/RustInQemu > > > > > > TBH, the coverage is not as good as I expected. Linux, macOS and > > > Windows are pretty much ok, with the exception of Linux on Sparc. > > > There are a lot of gaps in *BSD support, however. > > > > To me the coverage looks pretty much what I'd expect to need > > for QEMU - almost all boxes that I'd want to see green are > > green, except OpenBSD, possibly x86 32-bit for *BSD and > > sparc(64) on Linux. > > > > Mostly it highlights that we've never explicitly declared what > > our architecture coverage is intended to be. We do check host > > arches in configure, but we didn't distinguish this by OS and > > I think that's a mistake. > > > > In terms of our CI coverage, the only non-x86 testing we do > > is for Linux based systems. > > > > Although its possible people use non-x86 on non-Linux, I don't > > recall any discussions/bugs/patches targetting this situation, > > so if we do have users I doubt there's many. > > macOS on Apple silicon is a non-x86 non-Linux host platform that is > currently receiving some developer attention. Luckily > aarch64-apple-darwin is in Tier 2 with host tools. Yeah, I was figuring macOS on aarch64 would be important with macOS moving to ARM. But as you say, that is ok in rust. Not so much "luckily" as that being a consequence of it being a fairly active platform in general. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson