On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 09:13:44AM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote: > On Mon, 20 Sept 2021 at 06:07, David Gibson wrote: > > On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 01:01:35PM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote: > > > We dropped host support for sparcv8 (true 32-bit) a long time ago. > > > We only support sparcv9 in ilp32 (sparcv8plus) and lp64 (sparc64). > > > > We really need to update > > https://qemu-project.gitlab.io/qemu/about/build-platforms.html > > to clarify this then. I don't really know what the procedures are for > > updating the website. > > It's automatically updated by building the documentation from current > head-of-git, so the answer is "submit a patch to change > docs/about/build-platforms.rst". (That's a pretty new file, and > the stuff about CPU architectures has gone in only very recently, > so it's not unsurprising if Marc-André and I got some things wrong: > we were just looking through tcg/ to see what it seemed to have > support for.) Oh.. yeah.. that's pretty obvious now I look at it > > The structure of the build-platforms page currently assumes that > "supported host CPU architectures" and "supported host OSes" are > basically orthogonal, because historically the nature of QEMU has > been that this is more-or-less true. If we want to try to be more > specific about that then we'd need to re-jig things. Yeah, I think we kind of need to do that. Even apart from the Rust support thing, I think it would help to clarify which build platforms are merely kind of unusual versus which are very unusual (obscure OS * obscure ISA). -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson