On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 03:13:14PM +0300, Péter Ujfalusi wrote: > On 13/10/2021 14:52, Mark Brown wrote: > > You should also take care that when you're sending things you're doing > > so in a standard fashion, occasionally I have seen people bury things in > > the middle of threads or whatever which causes b4 to think an earlier > > version is actually a later one. > I don't send patches as reply but in this particular case I did changed > the commit subject since the original commit adding the i2s reference > selection was mostly broken. Oh, if you change the commit subject and reset back to version 1 that's not going to help anything. I imagine that what's happened is that when cleaning up the old version I'll have deleted the new patch and kept v3. > I can send an updated patch on top of next, but the one we have applied > only fixes the alsamixer crash, the code remains broken. Yes, please send an incremental fix.