On 2021-11-07 at 23:48:00, Eric Sunshine wrote: > I like the concrete explanation in the commit message of why `.sh` and > `.bat` files need to be configured specially, and was expecting that > quite useful information to be repeated here in the body. That does > seem exactly like what someone would come to the FAQ searching for, > and even though the above content hints at it, the hint may be just > vague enough to be overlooked. Consequently, I'm wondering if it ought > to be spelled out more explicitly here. In particular, if we give > examples of actual error messages people might encounter when > attempting to run a CRLF shell script or an LF batch file, that would > really give a FAQ searcher/reader something to latch onto when trying > to solve a problem. This could be done as a lead-in paragraph > immediately before the "For example, the following...". I think that we could definitely add some text here to explain why one would want to use this, providing an example. > Also, following v1 review, I think you had intended[1]: s/end up with/have/ I will fix that in v3. Thanks for the reminder. -- brian m. carlson (he/him or they/them) Toronto, Ontario, CA