Hi, > Thanks Wolfram to help bring this up, Sure thing! It would be sad to see this work bitrot. > This driver was tested with Aspeed ast2500 and we have tried many way to > avoid using slave_enable() to toggle slave mode but there is no progress. I see. I also can't help you there. I have neither experience with nor access to this HW. > Our expectation is still to have this driver upstream'ed and I'm thinking > about testing this driver on other HW and re-post the driver. That sounds like a good plan. > I have to admit that you are all right with the above comments. The fact is > we still not be able to find any way to solve this differently. We don't own > this HW and dont know what happen on this particular issue. The SCL clock > stretching on this HW does not work as expected and the slave_enable() is > the only solution for now. I hope if someone could help with the issue as > well. From this distance, it looks like HW access and a logic analyzer might be helpful in understanding the behaviour. Pity that you don't own the HW. Good luck nonetheless! Wolfram