On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 07:08:22PM +0300, Dmitry Osipenko wrote: > 10.12.2021 18:01, Thierry Reding пишет: > > On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 09:57:08PM +0300, Dmitry Osipenko wrote: > >> 09.12.2021 20:33, Thierry Reding пишет: > >>> From: Thierry Reding > >>> > >>> The "clock-frequency" property for an I2C controller needs to be > >>> specified at the bus level. > >>> > >>> Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding > >>> --- > >>> arch/arm/boot/dts/tegra30-asus-nexus7-grouper.dtsi | 3 ++- > >>> arch/arm/boot/dts/tegra30-asus-nexus7-tilapia.dtsi | 4 ++-- > >>> 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-) > >> > >> The clock-frequency is specified in the parent-common N7 DTSI, NAK. > >> > >> There is already patch from David that removes the clock-frequency from > >> NFC node [1], please use it. > >> > >> Please never again rewrite the preexisting patches, this makes you look odd. > > > > Again, please don't make this into something it isn't. > > > >> I suggest to collect *all* patches (not only your own) into single > >> for-next branch, resolving all conflicts, making sure that you don't > >> duplicate the effort and letting it all to be tested before it will hit > >> the bus. > > > > You know, if you guys communicated better over existing channels or > > actually let me know of what's going on then a lot of this could've been > > avoided. I don't have visibility into what you're all up to, so I can't > > take that into account. > > All the messages from me and David are in yours email inbox and on > #tegra IRC. You have the complete visibility. Either you don't have time > to take a look and then forget about it or I don't know what's the problem. > > > If I happen to start working on something that someone else is also > > doing in their corner, that's by accident, not because I have bad > > intentions or because "I want to do everything myself", or whatever > > other reason you keep coming up with. > > > > Stop insinuating things that aren't true. > > My point is that you're ignoring the existing patches. It may not look > like a big problem to you since you can apply patches directly and I > understand that own patches are always the most important ones, but this > is a problem for everyone around you. I wish my own patches were always the important ones. If you care you can take a look at how many of my own patches actually make it upstream each release. My patch stack regularly grows beyond a couple of hundred because I don't always prioritize my own work. Thierry