* [GIT PULL] iomap for 5.17
@ 2022-01-10 21:42 Matthew Wilcox
From: Matthew Wilcox @ 2022-01-10 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Darrick J. Wong, Christoph Hellwig, linux-xfs, linux-fsdevel,
	nvdimm, Dan Williams

I know these requests usually come from Darrick, and we had intended
that they would come that route.  Between the holidays and various
things which Darrick needed to work on, he asked if I could send the
pull request directly.  There weren't any other iomap patches pending
for this release, which probably also played a role.

There is a conflict between this tree and the nvdimm tree.  We've done
our best to make the resolution easy for you with the last patch in this
series ("Inline __iomap_zero_iter into its caller").  If you'd rather just
resolve the entire conflict yourself, feel free to drop that last patch.

The resolution Stephen has been carrying is here:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20211224172421.3f009baa@canb.auug.org.au/

The following changes since commit 2585cf9dfaaddf00b069673f27bb3f8530e2039c:

  Linux 5.16-rc5 (2021-12-12 14:53:01 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux.git tags/iomap-5.17

for you to fetch changes up to 4d7bd0eb72e5831ddb1288786a96448b48440825:

  iomap: Inline __iomap_zero_iter into its caller (2021-12-21 13:51:08 -0500)

Convert xfs/iomap to use folios

This should be all that is needed for XFS to use large folios.
There is no code in this pull request to create large folios, but
no additional changes should be needed to XFS or iomap once they
are created.

Matthew Wilcox (Oracle) (26):
      block: Add bio_add_folio()
      block: Add bio_for_each_folio_all()
      fs/buffer: Convert __block_write_begin_int() to take a folio
      iomap: Convert to_iomap_page to take a folio
      iomap: Convert iomap_page_create to take a folio
      iomap: Convert iomap_page_release to take a folio
      iomap: Convert iomap_releasepage to use a folio
      iomap: Add iomap_invalidate_folio
      iomap: Pass the iomap_page into iomap_set_range_uptodate
      iomap: Convert bio completions to use folios
      iomap: Use folio offsets instead of page offsets
      iomap: Convert iomap_read_inline_data to take a folio
      iomap: Convert readahead and readpage to use a folio
      iomap: Convert iomap_page_mkwrite to use a folio
      iomap: Allow iomap_write_begin() to be called with the full length
      iomap: Convert __iomap_zero_iter to use a folio
      iomap: Convert iomap_write_begin() and iomap_write_end() to folios
      iomap: Convert iomap_write_end_inline to take a folio
      iomap,xfs: Convert ->discard_page to ->discard_folio
      iomap: Simplify iomap_writepage_map()
      iomap: Simplify iomap_do_writepage()
      iomap: Convert iomap_add_to_ioend() to take a folio
      iomap: Convert iomap_migrate_page() to use folios
      iomap: Support large folios in invalidatepage
      xfs: Support large folios
      iomap: Inline __iomap_zero_iter into its caller

 Documentation/core-api/kernel-api.rst |   1 +
 block/bio.c                           |  22 ++
 fs/buffer.c                           |  23 +-
 fs/internal.h                         |   2 +-
 fs/iomap/buffered-io.c                | 551 +++++++++++++++++-----------------
 fs/xfs/xfs_aops.c                     |  24 +-
 fs/xfs/xfs_icache.c                   |   2 +
 include/linux/bio.h                   |  56 +++-
 include/linux/iomap.h                 |   3 +-

* Re: [GIT PULL] iomap for 5.17
@ 2022-01-12  0:30 ` Darrick J. Wong
From: Darrick J. Wong @ 2022-01-12  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Wilcox
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Christoph Hellwig, linux-xfs, linux-fsdevel,
	nvdimm, Dan Williams

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 09:42:15PM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> I know these requests usually come from Darrick, and we had intended
> that they would come that route.  Between the holidays and various
> things which Darrick needed to work on, he asked if I could send the
> pull request directly.  There weren't any other iomap patches pending
> for this release, which probably also played a role.

Just to confirm this explicitly -- yes, it really did transpire that
Matthew submitted the only iomap patches for 5.17, so I told him to go
ahead and send a pull request straight to Linus.

--D

* Re: [GIT PULL] iomap for 5.17
@ 2022-01-12 21:07 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2022-01-12 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Wilcox
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Darrick J. Wong, Christoph Hellwig, linux-xfs,
	linux-fsdevel, nvdimm, Dan Williams

The pull request you sent on Mon, 10 Jan 2022 21:42:15 +0000:

> git://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux.git tags/iomap-5.17

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/f079ab01b5609fb0c9acc52c88168bf1eed82373

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.