On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 04:09:43PM -0800, David Collins wrote: > On 2/2/22 9:38 AM, Mark Brown wrote: > > This seems like a scenario where the DT should be being generated at > > runtime along with the virtualisation of the platform? TBH a setup > > where this is an issue feels like it's asking for trouble. > I'm not familiar with runtime device tree generation. Could you please > point to an example of it or documentation for it? How would this > handle kernel devices on the VM side which need a phandle to an > scmi-regulator DT subnode in order to get a pointer to the corresponding > regulator device at runtime via devm_regulator_get()? I believe qemu does this for the virt machine. I'm not sure what you're seeing as particularly complex about generating regulator links in particular though?