Hi Matt, all, On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 02:36:51PM +0800, Matt Johnston wrote: > Provides MCTP network transport over an I2C bus, as specified in > DMTF DSP0237. All messages between nodes are sent as SMBus Block Writes. > > Each I2C bus to be used for MCTP is flagged in devicetree by a > 'mctp-controller' property on the bus node. Each flagged bus gets a > mctpi2cX net device created based on the bus number. A > 'mctp-i2c-controller' I2C client needs to be added under the adapter. In > an I2C mux situation the mctp-i2c-controller node must be attached only > to the root I2C bus. The I2C client will handle incoming I2C slave block > write data for subordinate busses as well as its own bus. > > In configurations without devicetree a driver instance can be attached > to a bus using the I2C slave new_device mechanism. > > The MCTP core will hold/release the MCTP I2C device while responses > are pending (a 6 second timeout or once a socket is closed, response > received etc). While held the MCTP I2C driver will lock the I2C bus so > that the correct I2C mux remains selected while responses are received. > > (Ideally we would just lock the mux to keep the current bus selected for > the response rather than a full I2C bus lock, but that isn't exposed in > the I2C mux API) > > Signed-off-by: Matt Johnston > Signed-off-by: Jeremy Kerr So, I did a high level review regardings the I2C stuff. I did not check locking, device lifetime, etc. My biggest general remark is the mixture of multi-comment styles, like C++ style or no empty "/*" at the beginning as per Kernel coding style. Some functions have nice explanations in the header but not proper kdoc formatting. And also on the nitbit side, I don't think '__func__' helps here on the error messages. But that's me, I'll leave it to the netdev maintainers. Now for the I2C part. It looks good. I have only one remark: > +static const struct i2c_device_id mctp_i2c_id[] = { > + { "mctp-i2c", 0 }, > + {}, > +}; > +MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(i2c, mctp_i2c_id); ... > +static struct i2c_driver mctp_i2c_driver = { > + .driver = { > + .name = "mctp-i2c", > + .of_match_table = mctp_i2c_of_match, > + }, > + .probe_new = mctp_i2c_probe, > + .remove = mctp_i2c_remove, > + .id_table = mctp_i2c_id, > +}; I'd suggest to add 'slave' to the 'mctp-i2c' string somewhere to make it easily visible that this driver does not manage a remote device but processes requests to its own address. Thanks for the work! Wolfram