On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 12:53:11PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote: > I think I get this but a state diagram somewhere would help ;). > IIUC you don't disable SM on a context switch, you just leave it in > place until a task_fpsimd_load(). It shouldn't be a problem as > kernel_neon_begin() disables it anyway. Yes, streaming mode is part of the floating point state and this is how we handle floating point in general - it's part of what's tracked with TIF_FOREIGN_FPSTATE. Unless we want to do something with floating point we don't touch it.