On Thu, Apr 07, 2022 at 01:23:45PM +0200, Michael Walle wrote: > > > + - microchip,lan966x-qspi > > Generally DT compatibles should be for specific SoCs rather than having > > wildcards in them, even if that means you have to list a lot of SoCs. > > Having used wildcards in the past doesn't mean it's a good idea to > > continue adding them! > The subject should also be prefixed with "dt-bindings: ". I tend to complain about people doing that. > Mark, I did a git log on > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/spi/atmel,quadspi.yaml and all the > subjects are without "dt-bindings:" although the original patch was with > that prefix [1]. Is that intended? Yes.