On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 12:46:43AM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote: > On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 7:45 AM Dipen Patel wrote: > > > This patch series introduces new subsystem called hardware timestamping > > engine (HTE). It offers functionality such as timestamping through hardware > > means in realtime. The HTE subsystem centralizes HTE provider and consumers > > where providers can register themselves and the consumers can request > > interested entity which could be lines, GPIO, signals or buses. The > > HTE subsystem provides timestamp in nano seconds, having said that the provider > > need to convert the timestamp if its not in that unit. There was upstream > > discussion about the HTE at > > https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/4c46726d-fa35-1a95-4295-bca37c8b6fe3@nvidia.com/ > > I like this. > > Can you put it in a public git and make it eligible for Stephen Rothwell to > pull into linux-next and ask him to do so, as we intend to merge this for > v5.19? Do you intend to maintain this as part of the pinctrl or GPIO trees with Dipen as a sub-maintainer? Or would you prefer for this to be a separate tree? Thierry