On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 01:44:06PM +0200, Martin Povišer wrote: > > So previously each speaker would get two slots but now it just gets one? > No the other way around. Previously (with the driver as it is RFCed), > each speaker gets a single slot, and 'Left', 'Right' and ‘LeftRight' > values of the routing control don't do anything different from each > other (well except maybe 'LeftRight' lessens the volume due to how > the chip handles the edge case of mixing down two channels from the > same slot). > With the new arrangement I am proposing, the two speakers in a left-right > pair get both the same two slots, meaning they get to choose one of the > two slots based on the 'Left' 'Right' value of their routing control. Ah, I think the confusion here is that I'm using slot and channel interchangably whereas you're saying that previously the driver would allocate two channels to each speaker with duplicate data?